Norton, a brand that is known for offering top-notch antivirus services to its users may sometimes give you a tough time. There are certain situations when users are unable to set up their products and some issues may appear at the time of using it. But, given to this fact, there is one more truth which may give you a ray of hope. These problems can be easily averted by following certain troubleshooting methods and knowing the cause behind it.
One of the most commonly faced errors among several others is Norton error 3048 3. However, it may be quite difficult to get rid of if you do not follow these instructions carefully. When the error 3048 3 messages appear on my Norton product what I do is try to know the reason behind it.
Reasons behind Norton internet security error 3048 3
After investigation, we have found out that these are the main causes behind this error:
- Server problem- the most obvious reason why you might be facing this problem is because of a server that is under maintenance. To get rid of the issue, you need to wait for some time.
- Corrupt files from the failed installation of Norton- in case the Norton file present on your device gets corrupt or gets lost, then you are sure to face this problem.
- The AutoUpdate is not working- when the AutoUpdate feature of Norton does not work properly then you may face “Norton 360 has encountered an error 3048 3”.
- Wrong registry files- you may come across this problem when there are wrong or corrupted registry entries in your device.
Troubleshoot Norton error 3048 3 on Windows and Mac
You can use the below-given methods on both Windows and Mac to get rid of the error at the earliest:
Use Norton AutoFix
Running Norton AutoFix tool on the device on which you are having this problem may help you in resolving this problem without having to do much. For this:
- Launch Norton Internet security.
- Navigate to the ‘Security’ option.
- Find and click on the ‘LiveUpdate’ option.
- A scan will run on your device and all the pending updates will be installed.
- Select ‘Apply Now’ to save the changes.
If you still face the same error, try the next solution.
This is yet another thing you may try to Norton error 3048 3. For this purpose, you need to locate where your Norton product is and then right-click on it. Further, select the ‘Uninstall’ option and follow some prompts to uninstall Norton completely. If you are unable to uninstall Norton successfully, then you may use Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
Repair Norton Registry Entries
Repairing Norton Registry Entries may help you in getting rid of the issue. For this purpose, locate the Norton Utilities then search for the Norton Registry entries. Here, you need to click on the ‘Clean Your Registry’ option.
After trying one of the given solutions, you will be able to solve the Norton error 3048 3. If these steps do not help, check if you are using these steps systematically or not. Try repeating the procedure and see if it helps.