To protect one’s computer from getting infected with a virus or malware, one needs to deploy an effective antivirus solution on his device. For this purpose, most of the people prefer using Norton antivirus. The software provides a wide range of features to its users including firewalls, VPN, and so on. However, in some odd circumstances, users may come across a situation where Norton is found to be slowing down their systems. In this situation, they do not know what to do and continue to use their PCs like that.
Hence, we shall learn about the ways to fix a computer that is slowing down because of Norton. But, prior to that, we will discuss some of the symptoms which hints towards this problem.
Symptoms of Norton slowing down your PC
- You feel that the programs on your PC are loading slowly.
- It is experiencing technical glitches.
- You are experiencing sudden and abrupt pop-up messages son your screen.
- The programs are not working as efficiently as they should be.
Fix slow computer problems with Norton
The presence of corrupt or damaged system files is one of the main causes behind this issue. To get rid of the issue, you should first of all try to delete these damaged registry entries. If you know the exact reason why this is happening with your PC, then the problem would be easily resolvable.
The initial step to resolve the issue is to remove those unwanted programs that have not been in use for longer. Doing this will free up some space on your PC and will boost the loading speed of programs. To do so:
- Open the Control Panel of your system.
- Go to and open ‘programs and files’.
- From the list of installed programs, select the program that is no longer in use.
- Right-click on that program and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Restart the system to get back to where you were.
- Follow the same steps for other such programs as well to free up more space.
When your PC loads too many programs at the same time, it may bog down your PC. Hence, to get rid of this problem, do as described:
- Open the command prompt of your device.
- Then, run the command prompt by entering “MSconfig”.
- Now, from the list of programs, choose the ones that you wish to run at the start-up.
Removing unnecessary registry files, cookies, and damaged files from your PC will also help you to get rid of the issue.
If there is any conflicting program on your PC such as other antivirus programs, then you should remove it immediately.
Can Norton speed up my computer?
Yes, you can use Norton to boost the speed of your computer by optimizing and improving the computer’s performance. To know more about it, navigate to Norton.com/setup.
Users also ask:
Why does Norton Antivirus slow down my computer so much?
When there are conflicting programs or unwanted programs on your device, then the antivirus will slow down your PC. If there are corrupt or damaged registry files on your Pc, then remove them immediately.
How do I get rid of programs slowing down my computer?
Navigate to the list of installed programs on your PC, look for the ones that are no longer in use, and then uninstall it. Make sure you do not remove the necessary files.
Does Norton VPN slow down your computer Windows 10?
The installed Norton program will slow down your PC only if there is a similar program installed on it. Norton will face scanning issues and other such problems.